You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

peppardo

Forumist

Birthday: Sep 21st 1957 (61)

Friday, January 5th 2018, 8:54pm

Hi peppardo

attached is the original configuration from my Bm 4/4, hopefully this solves the issues :)

Best regards
Nico

thanks a lot Nico...I will try soon possible and let you know the results...
More thanks
Giuseppe

• Go to the top of the page

peppardo

Forumist

Friday, January 5th 2018, 8:57pm

Excuse me Nico, but my decoder is a 4.0 and not a 4.0M4...it is the same or not?
Giuseppe

Friday, January 5th 2018, 9:05pm

You can just switch the decoder type in the Lokprogrammer software ;) no worries, should be working fine.
As far as I know, the software will even do it for you, if you try to load the project onto the decoder.

About the four soldering pads: These are only used if you attach electromagnetic couplers to the loco.

peppardo

Forumist

Friday, January 5th 2018, 9:10pm

You can just switch the decoder type in the Lokprogrammer software ;) no worries, should be working fine.
As far as I know, the software will even do it for you, if you try to load the project onto the decoder.

About the four soldering pads: These are only used if you attach electromagnetic couplers to the loco.

thanks again Nico....

for the pads I have the digital couplers, but as you can see on the attache picture, no soldering pads on the pcb...or maybe I became blind

Giuseppe

Friday, January 5th 2018, 9:16pm

I can't see them either, maybe they're located beneath the decoder?

I also don't know about the programming ?( the manual says, that AUX1 and 2 can be used for the couplers, but they're already in use for the lights. I somehow get the impression, that this is maybe a leftover from the Bm 6/6 manual.
As the Bm 4/4 does not seem to have an additional controller that runs of the SUSI protocol, it's maybe not even easily possible to add the couplers.

peppardo

Forumist

Friday, January 5th 2018, 10:18pm

Nico, no pads under the decoder... This is the second time I've bought this loco and always these problems....it's very frustrating...
Giuseppe

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 12:21am

hi Nico,
no way!!
I've already programmed the decoder as the project you provide, but no change occured...
I don't know...as I wrote, this is the second locomotive that I bought, and always the same problem...
Giuseppe

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 12:56am

Can you tell me what the problem is?

I'm almost certain, that it can't control the couplers without major modifications, but the lights should work fine.

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 1:11am

therefore:

with F0 only 3 white lights on (no 1 white light on backside) and even if I change the loco direction (F0R)
with F0 and F2 no red lights on (instead, all lights are off, even the 3 on forward side)
with F0 and F6 3 lights fw on and 2 lights rear on, no change when direction change (the only exactly behavoir)
with F5 no cabin lights on
with f7 no lights in multiple traction

that's what happens
Giuseppe

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 9:32am

the problem is that I do not understand how the LEDs are wired, to which outputs correspond ... because if I knew, with the lokprogrammer, it would be easy to make a new mapping
Giuseppe

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 10:15am

As far as I can tell from the mapping:
Front light: Front light right (white)
Rear light: Front light left (white)
AUX1: Front light middle (white)
AUX2: Back light right (white)
AUX3: Back light left (white)
AUX4: Back light middle (white)
AUX5: Front and back light right (red)
AUX6: Cab light

To be honest: This is a weird way of doing it. They could have used the same output for front left and middle and split the red ones, so they can be used seperately.
It also shows, that there are no outputs left for couplers unless you make major changes to the PCB.

Quoted

with F0 only 3 white lights on (no 1 white light on backside) and even if I change the loco direction (F0R)
As the lower back ones are working in shunting mode (F0+F6) it sounds like F8 is activated and therefore the back lights are switched off.

Quoted

with F0 and F2 no red lights on (instead, all lights are off, even the 3 on forward side)
The white lights are off because of the mapping when F2 is activated, therefore the issue is AUX5.

Quoted

with F0 and F6 3 lights fw on and 2 lights rear on, no change when direction change (the only exactly behavoir)
That's correct for shunting and shows, that most of the white ones are working.

Quoted

with F5 no cabin lights on
Can it be that the cabin isn't making proper contact to the PCB?

Quoted

with f7 no lights in multiple traction
Still sounds like F8 is activated.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nico" (Jan 6th 2018, 10:58am)

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 4:45pm

Hello Nico,
I'm reading about Aux5 and Aux6... But this functions are logical functions, so to work, it's need to be amplified, or not?
Giuseppe

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:03pm

AUX3-6 are logic ones. You can drive a LED directly on them, but it's not very common to do so.

That's what this section of the board is doing:

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:12pm

The esu manual, talk about only 2 logical functions, not 4, and I suppose they're activated by the section you highlited, automatically... Right?
Giuseppe

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:17pm

The Lokpilot V4.0 MTC21 has 8 outputs in total of which 4 are logical ones.

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:36pm

I don't want to be pedantic, but:
"Functions
The LokPilot V4.0 decoder has 4 function outputs which achieve 250 mA load each. They are separately dimmable and can be allocated individually to different light functions such as flashing light, firebox flicker, strobe – and double strobe, Ditch Light etc. Beyond that, the 21MTC connector version has two logical outputs which can be made alive via the adapter board 51968. Of course, the decoder is able to control the automatic decoupling move and push time for Roco®, Krois® and Telex® couplers and also offers a high beam function as a new feature. The „LED mode“ ensures that the light effects are set correctly when using LEDs."....
Furthermore, those logic functions should be always actives throughout the pcb and the transistors you highlited...
Giuseppe

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:40pm

This not happen, I suspect, once again, that the pcb doesn't work fine...
Giuseppe

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:57pm

As can be clearly seen from the mapping, the decoder uses Ff, Fr, AUX1-AUX6: so there are 8 outputs in use.

I have no idea why it's not shown this way in the english one, but the german manual shows it clearly:

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 6:05pm

Nico, look at this test:with the lokprogrammer I mapped F9 with front light right (white) and if I active F9, the led get on! What's mean this?
Giuseppe

peppardo

Forumist

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 6:27pm

Question to all forum users, that follow this thread : anyone have installed the digital couplers on this loco, using the soldering pads on the pcb?

Frage an alle Forum-Benutzer, die diesem Thread folgen: hat jemand die digitalen Koppler an dieser Lok installiert, mit den Lötpads auf der Platine?
Giuseppe