Beiträge von cemtekin

Zitat von "litra_eg"

Warum sollte der Kunde das Teil ggf. "abklipsen" (auch, wenn es vielleicht Peanuts sind) - gleich richtig wäre doch noch besser. Oder?

Hi,

In my opinion this is the difference between a good model and a great model. If I am included in the picture so that the model looks more correct and nicer; there is much room for improvement on the producer side. If the producer relies on the already existing die hard fans for an excuse for not improving, one day they might see there is not much of them (die hard fans) around.

Cem.

Zitat von "Empedokles"

Hallo Cem,

ich stimme Dir zu. Vor circa 16 Jahren habe ich in Stuttgart zwei FleischmannH0-Modelle von BR 055 für TCDD und BR 260 für TCDD gesehen, und als Sammler bedaure ich sehr, damals nicht gekauft zu haben.
    Ich habe solche Modelle nie wieder gesehen!

Wow,

I didn't even knew those existed, let alone seing them.

Interesting enough, old Trix boxes had Turkish flag printed on the side. I know many people who visited Turkey for steam engine photography and to ride in them long after they ceased to exist in regular service in Europe. So, there should many people who wouldn't mind adding a few Turkish (or other countries) locos into their collections.

Well, well ... hopefully someone would pick-up this idea :roll:

MfG,

Cem.

Hi Roger,

Absolutely correct.

I have been a very active member of the marklin-users.net forum for more than three years. And I witnessed many great ideas to improve a modellbahn company in that forum, evidently this goes same for all modellbahn forums.

Now, if Märklin have been smart and modest enough to assign only one person to follow and listen to those forums they would be in much better shape today.

On the second hand, Märklin and other European model companies have to wake up to the fact that European railways are now accepted by the markets outside Europe. Furthermore many countries around Europe used early European locomotives and cars for many years.

Turkey is a great example: almost all goods steam engines of Germany are used in Turkey. The market for models is very limited to about 1000 modellers and collectors. But still it would cost nothing to produce a Turkish protoype; only TCDD mark to print. Obviously only Turkey is not woth considering for such an effort but if you include Bulgaria, ex-Yugoslavia, and others, numbers add up to millions of Euros.

If I were Märklin I would draw a line between different product lines such as Hobby, MHI, Insider, One-time-series. I would feel like a fool if I order an Insider model this year at full price only to find the very same article on eBay at half price next year. The same goes for one-time-series and MHI products too.

I think Märklin made a smart move with internalizing the digital product line but there still is a huge room for improvement with great potential in the market.

For what it's worth ...

Cem.

Hi forumisten,

Here's my two cents:

Märklin is way too well-known. Only the name is worth millions of Euros. On the other hand they have a lot of land and buildings, add the moulds, research, and the antique models ... and none of these are going to go away.

No, I think Märklin is way too big for any other model company to swallow. I think they will continue in some form. If not, somebody surely will start offering Märklin line of products from original moulds and designs.

Viele grüssen,

Cem.

Roland,

Yes, that's the one! I wonder why I couldn't find it on Hag site ... ok, now I know, it so I'll keep on my eBay watchlist and keep searching on the internet shops.

Thanks for the photo, looks beautiful!

Cem.

Zitat von "11465"

Oder bevorzugst Du doch eine Roco-Lok? :shock:

Roger hi,

Of course I'll prefer a Hag model but on their site I couldn't find this livery. Is it going to be issued?

Cem.

Hi everybody,

As some of you might know I bought a Liliput SBB E3/3 steamer some time ago. I originally intended to convert it to electric/steam (8522).

But the model is so nice (the best Liliput I have ever seen) that I decided to keep it as it is. But some time after the plastic detail parts started tu bug me and I did some modifications ...

First I installed the scale couplers and hoses from a Günther brass kit that was originally for a Märklin Br86:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.marklinciyiz.biz/images/cont_images/reviews/sbbe3_3/01.jpg]

After that I made brass parts to replace the plastic details (oops, the piece at the bottom right is the original plastic one):

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.marklinciyiz.biz/images/cont_images/reviews/sbbe3_3/02.jpg]

Here's how it looks with the new parts installed and some paint touch-up:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.marklinciyiz.biz/images/cont_images/reviews/sbbe3_3/04.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.marklinciyiz.biz/images/cont_images/reviews/sbbe3_3/05.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.marklinciyiz.biz/images/cont_images/reviews/sbbe3_3/06.jpg]

Next step is to install a decoder and buy a suitable ghost car for current pick-up.

Cem.

Hi,

I didn't know Hag had the old green/white SBB Cargo Re6/6, then I'll drop the Lima option. I have enough projects going on anyway!

Thanks for the help.

Cem.

Hallo zusammen,

Few days ago I have seen the Lima Re6/6 (Lima L288602) in grün/weiss on eBay with a good price.

My plan is to buy it and change some parts with Hag: the buffers, and the roof details.

Has anyone thought the same? Do you think this project is worth doing?

MfG,

Cem.