Current pick up

• current pick upHallo,
    sorry if I'm back with a new question:
    during the test on the track of the new digitalized HAG Re 4/4, the current pick up have many trouble, give to the loco a jercking movement and even in some
    case the loco stop its run.....
    I make a complete cleaning of the wheels, oiling it, but the loco have always that problem.....
    the loco is brand new, used only on the test track when I bought it......

someone have any suggest about this matter???

thanks to any answer.
    regards

• The problem is probably not lack of oil (you may even have more trouble with too much oil... ;) ).

I assume that you have a DC loco. Are the wheels perhaps the "blackened"/burnished type which HAG used for a short time (they look sort of brownish or faintly like tarnished copper)?

If not, then check the springs of the slider(s). Do they make proper contact with the sides of the wheels? Is there perhaps any dirt on the surface of the springs? Is the spring on top of the non-powered bogie/truck also in good shape?

If all this is correct, then you will probably have to improve the ground connection of the loco by adding a second ground connection. See the threads in this forum which deal with "Stromaufnahme/Stromabnahme bei Gleichstrom", see for instance here (the three links will guide you to individual postings which all deal with the same general issue):

Verbesserung der Stromabnahme

Mit Forumistengruss, Stefan

"Die HAG Jünger sind auf dem gleichen Niveau wie die Märklin Fundamentalisten angelangt, für alles wird die passende Ausrede und Erklärung gesucht warum gerade jetzt wieder ein Fehler entschuldbar ist."

(Heutiger "HAG-Apostel" am 25.12.2013.)

• thank you Stefan for your answer...
    as I wrote, the loco is brand new...I already check the sliders contact, and no dirty I saw....
    moreover, following some digital instructions that I found in this forum, I already add a sceond current pick up on the free bogie...
    the wheels are by the clear type, no brunish type......
    looking with care the movement of the loco I presume the bogie have a strange behavoir, as the bogie have a bad contact with the track due to a no good movement of itself...infact when the loco stop its run, I just move it by hand, so the loco start again....even the lights in some case have flickering, so that mean a bad pick up from the track.....
    even the bogie plate on the middle of it, its in excellent conditions...I add a second ground contact to improve the pick up...
    I also check the track and they are cleaning, no dust or dirty.....

Hope you understand everythings I wrote above.....

I will follow the links you send me, may be I will find some idea......

more thanks and have a nice day

• yes Peter
    I remove the washer.......
    I follow any suggest by Stephan, including a new contact on the free bogie.....
    thinking about this problem, I forgot to tell that the loco jerk only on curved track, on straight track the loco run smootly....so
    this let me think that the problem is on the free bogie, may be its make a bad aderences with the track, give a jerking to the loco...
    I have to try tu run its without the body, to see if in this case the loco jerk or not.....
    possibly some cable make friction with the bogie or prevents smooth rotation of the same....
    what do you think???

regards.

• I have to try tu run its without the body, to see if in this case the loco jerk or not.....
    possibly some cable make friction with the bogie or prevents smooth rotation of the same....
    what do you think???

Well, it's really difficult to find the cause from far. But do as Stefan suggested und use a screw between the Stripes going to the roof of the body and try to run the loco on a testcircle without the body. I still suspect some broken cable or something in this direction ... and there are just four of them. Red and black from the track/wheels, grey and orange to the engine. Sorry, but no further idea.

Gruss
    Peter

No matter how much you polish a turd - it's still a turd

• yes I will do it..........
    but I suspect that it will be a bogie problem...I think the bogie had less movement, for this when the loco approch a curved track its jerking, because the bogie don't follow the curve.....
    but also it's a strange behavoir, because the surface of the wheels are supposed to give a good contact to the wheels stripes :S

hope to solve that problem...it frustating me!!! :cry:

therefore, thank you for your kindness Peter

I will let you know the working progress.
    regards

• it seem incredible, but the first problem was created by the wheels rings, that the rubber was like plastic and the loco had problems even approching a climb!!!
    after its change the loco seem to run as much better as before.
    I also check the inside wiring and everything's ok...no electric problems.
    but some time the loco stop and the only kind to let it run, is to move the free bogie or the motorized bogie against the track, so the loco start to run again.

may be I will do a long trial running, to stretch the gears, so I hope this will help the movement of the loco.