TRIX TEE GOTTHARD

• Hallo to everyone.

Something wrong happens to the loco in subject:

I own this loco and my power station is a DIGITRAX SUPER CHIEF......if I use the reverse button to change direction to the unit, the TEE reverse direction so quickly, without respecting the deceleration curve.....when I use the rotating knob the loco follow the deceleration curve, stop and restart with her acceleration.....

Someone can help me to understand what's wrong???

I try to read the power station manual, but no tip inside the manual, to solve this problem......

In waiting of some answer, reagrds.

Giuseppe

• Hello Giuseppe,

I have the Maerklin model (AC) and not the Trix model, but I will try to assist you.

When you reverse direction by turning the knob, the train receives less voltage, then zero and then increased voltage but with reversed polarity. This causes a gradual deceleration, stop and then acceleration in the opposite direction.

When you reverse direction using the switch, you are suddenly reversing the polarity of the tracks, which reverses the motor immediately, causing a sudden stop and then quick motion in the opposite direction. Other than the polarity (+/-), there is no change to the voltage in this type of reversal.

Some transformers have the 0 all the way to the left, with a polarity selection (direction) switch. In this case, the train slows to zero. Once the train is stopped, you can flick the direction switch and then start the train in the other direction.

Other transformers have the 0 at the 12 O'Clock position (straight up) and have forward travel to the right (clockwise) and the opposite direction to the left of the 0.

In both cases, on transformers equipped with a polarity (direction) switch, flipping that switch will immediately reverse the polarity, causing the train to change directions right away.

In digital operation, the train direction is normally controlled by electronic impulse to the decoder, and the decoder reverses polarity to the motor without the track voltage being reversed. If this is the case, and the switch is designed to reverse direction of a selected digital address and not the overall polarity, then I am not certain as to how the decoder and the lok are designed to react to such a changeover.

You may be better off posing your question on one of the Yahoo Groups Forums or on marklin-users.net or by asking tech support at digitrax.com.

Regards

Mike C

• I don't see any problems here. ?(

Digitrax throttles have two ways to change directions:
    1. By button (1 click)
    2. By speed knob (2 clicks on it)

It seems that Digitrax gives you two different possibilities to change the direction of your TEE-train. The one with the single click on the direction button may be an "emergency direction change". The other one with the double-click on the speed knob gives you an automatic "decceleration-stop-acceleration" mode.

I for myself prefer on all my engines to stop manualy with the knob and than to change direction (by button or knob).

Thomas

• Thank you to both of you...............

to the second answer: I know thw better way to change direction should be using the rotating knob, but why just the C-sinus motor equipped locos, have these behavior, instead other locos as TRIX 5 poles motor or ROCO or Lliput ecc. ecc. have not????

I had send a similar question to TRIX customer service, but they don't anser 'till today.....I will wait a bit more.....

Thank you again

Regards