ROCO new Re 4/4II pantograph

• Hi to all
    as the subject, I would to know if someone know how can change the pantograph of the new Re4/4 II (72048/72400 etc etc) because the provoded one are so narrow (16mm) and in some cases they crash in to the catenary, due their misure.
    I've try to set the catenary, but on some cases this is not enough!!
    Sorry for my bad english, but I think it is understandable
    Regards.

Hallo an alle
    wie das Thema, würde ich wissen, ob jemand weiß, wie können die Stromabnehmer der neuen Re4 / 4 II ändern (72048/72400 etc etc), weil die vorgesehenen ein so schmal (16mm) und in einigen Fällen zum Absturz in die Oberleitung aufgrund ihrer misure.
    Ich habe versucht, die Oberleitung eingestellt, aber auf einigen Fällen ist dies nicht genug!
    Sorry für mein schlechtes Englisch, aber ich denke es ist verständlich.
    Mfg

Giuseppe

• Caro Peppardo,

The new Roco Re 4/4II and Re 6/6 models come with very realistic looking pantographs with prototypically narrow wipers, which can be too narrow for some catenary systems. For some of the older Re 6/6 models, Roco did provide a larger wiper for AC models. I don't know if these can be retrofitted on the newer models or whether these are still available as parts from Roco.

You can send an email to roco(at)roco.cc and ask for information/suggestions. I don't think that the mounting screw positioning would allow for the installation of a generic Sommerfeldt single arm pantograph, so a replacement slider from Roco would be the best option. It may only be available in the parts bag for the 69730.

Regards

Mike C

Die neue Re 4/4II und Re 6/6 Modelle von Roco haben sehr filigrane Stromabnehmern. Fruehere Re 6/6 Modelle hatten einen beiliegenden breiteren Schleifer. Die Position der Schraube laesst nicht einen Sommerfeldt SBB Stromabnehmer leicht anzubringen. Ein Austauschwippe von Roco wird die beste Loesung.

MfG

Mike C

• thank you Mike for the answer.
    Yes I know, in fact I have already the old Re 6/6 with a spare pantografh, that is possible to mount instead the modellistic one.
    On the new Re 4/4 spare parts sheet, the pantograph is not mentioned, as the old Re 6/6.
    I think it will useful to try if the Re 6/6 one, would fit onto the new Re 4/4, may be the last one could have the exactly holes as the Re 6/6.....I hope so.
    I will try to write to Roco service , hoping thatI meet their answer to this question.
    I also hope that some other forumist has more answer.
    Regards.

danke Mike für die Antwort.
    Ja, ich weiß, tatsächlich Ich habe bereits die alten Re 6/6 mit einem Ersatz pantografh, das ist möglich, anstatt die modellistic ein zu montieren.
    Auf der neuen Re 4/4 Ersatzteilblatt wird der Stromabnehmer nicht erwähnt, wie die alte Re 6/6.
    Ich denke, es wird nützlich, um zu versuchen, wenn die Re 6/6 ein, würde auf die neue Re 4/4 passt, kann der letzte sein könnte, die genau wie die Löcher Re 6/6.....I hoffe es.
    Ich werde versuchen, den Roco-Service zu schreiben, in der Hoffnung THATI erfüllen ihre Antwort auf diese Frage.
    Ich hoffe auch, dass eine andere forumist hat mehr Antwort.
    Mfg.

• thank you Rufer
    if you will make this test, please post the result so that, me and the other forumist will know about this issue....maybe it works!
    regards.

danke Rufer
    wenn Sie diesen Test zu machen, geben Sie bitte das Ergebnis, so dass ich und die anderen forumist wird über dieses Thema wissen .... vielleicht funktioniert es!
    Grüße.

• I checked it but had no time to take photos. The wipers are mounted different for the old and new pantographs. I don't think this will work.
    However if you change the whole pantograph (Re 4/4 II new series <-> Re 6/6 old series) it should work, the mounting points look exactly the same to me.

///Deutsch
    Die Wippen zwischen alten und neuen Roco Pantographen sind anders befestigt, ich glaube nicht dass die austauschbar sind.
    Aber der ganze Pantograph sollte austauschbar sein (neue Re 4/4 II <--> alte Re 6/6), die Montagepunkte sehen gleich aus.

Grüsse
    Rufer

• hi Rufer,
    thank you for the test.
    Some day ago,I tried changing the overhead and I was able to adjust it,to make pass under the pantograph....
    but I would consider your suggestion, although, of course, the cost for 2 pantograph, similar to the Re 6/6, would be relevant, costing around 40/50euro for both.
    I have to thinking about.
    More thanks for your help and greetings from Italy.